Exclusive Offering: PORON® Materials with Microban® Antimicrobial Protection
More Information from Microban
Consumer concern about daily exposure to microbes, such as odor causing bacteria, is on the rise. Rogers has taken note of this demand, by teaming up with Microban International, the trusted leader for antimicrobial protection. You can rest assure that all of your PORON® Cushioning Materials with Microban® antimicrobial product protection provide consistent, reliable and long-lasting cushioning comfort from the inside-out.
We’ve all been there – warm, moist environments found in places such as shoes, protective apparel and equipment provide favorable conditions for bacteria and developing odors. It is primarily the metabolic byproducts of bacteria that cause odors. Microban antimicrobial protection is infused into PORON Cushioning for lasting protection that won’t wash off or wear away for the lifetime of the foam, continually working to keep the material cleaner and fresher longer.
This information is based upon standard laboratory tests and is provided for comparative purposes to substantiate antimicrobial activity for non-public health applications. Microban technology is not designed to replace good hygiene practices or protect users from disease causing microorganisms. Antimicrobial action limited to product surface
How Does Microban® Antimicrobial Protection Work?
- When microbes come in contact with the material surface, Microban protection penetrates the cell wall of the microbe and disrupts key cell functions so the microbe cannot function, grow or reproduce.
- Microban technology protects PORON Cushioning from the growth of bacteria, mold and mildew that can cause stains and odors.
Maintains Performance and Antimicrobial Protection
- Microban antimicrobial technologies are infused into the PORON Materials during the manufacturing process and become a permanent part of the molecular structure.
- PORON Materials with Microban technology provide consistent, reliable and long-lasting antimicrobial protection that will not rub, wear or wash away.
A Proven Antimicrobial Option
- Microban technology has undergone extensive independent laboratory testing and has a long history of safe use in a variety of leading consumer products from common household goods to industrial safety.
- Microban antimicrobial protection is registered with the EPA for all applications in which it is used.
- PORON Materials with Microban antimicrobial protection meets some of the most stringent OEM RSL requirements for control and monitoring of hazardous substances.
Win-Win Added Benefit
- PORON Cushioning with Microban antimicrobial protection is a no cost, standard offering added to most PORON Cushioning Materials.
*For a more complete review of the study, contact the Rogers marketing department
Design Application Information
General Product Information
Additional Product Information